Classroom of the FutureTM
Promoting the Development of Inquiry-Based Learning Environments through the Virtual Design Center
Session Five: Design Principles for Helping Students Articulate What They Learn
- You will be able to design the investigation by helping students articulate what they learn throughout the investigation.
- You will describe the features of various learning tools to help students articulate their understanding.
- You will apply one of the tools for developing your investigation.
- Read the following research summaries about articulation:
- Explore the following tools that support students' articulation and analyze the features of each tool:
- Discuss important features of the tools and identify which tool would best fit in your investigation:
- Select an appropriate tool to have students articulate what they know throughout the investigation (question, background information, conclusions).