Visit the CET What's Up page for current
COTF streams NASA TV over the Internet. Visit our
NASA TV page for more information.
Guiding COTF's mission to provide products and
services to learning communities are the following beliefs:
- When used intelligently, technology-based curricula can advance learning
and can foster profound changes in the nature of learning, teaching, assessment,
and learning environments.
- All technology-based curricula must provide training and technical
assistance to teachers.
- Current educational research into teaching and learning provides a
theoretical base upon which to improve education.
- Technological applications in education should consider individual
and cultural differences in learners, and should provide increased opportunities
for women, minorities, and the disabled.
- Increased opportunites for successful participation in COTF
programs must be provided to women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Development of products and services should be guided by the
standards of the National Council of Teachers Mathematics (NCTM), the National
Research Council (NRC), and the National Academy of Sciences (NAS).
- COTF will succeed in its mission only by collaborating and
cooperating with the educational community, NASA personnel and programs, and
business and industry.